Blown up Z2300

delphiblair62

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Got these speakers from my son when he got back from Iraq. Had it hooked up to a small radio at work at my workbench. Well the guys on night shift were running it wide open for ten hours a night and I didn't know this. Came in one day and it was blown. Did some research and found out the control pods go bad, bought a new one, no luck. The subwoofer is extremely muffled and the tweeters simply squeak. Left channel to the tweeter is gone, no sound. I'm a machinery skilled tradesman at work and figure I can fix darn near anything with some guidance. I can not find anyone here in north-east Ohio to even look at it, so I guess I'm gonna learn electronics with some help. Geek squad actually said "throw it away". Hell no. Looking for some help people. Thank you. Blair Thomas

Solution
I appreciate that you hate to just chuck it but the reality is that Logitech won't supply you with any replacement speakers or any schematics for the electronics. They don't even repair them domestically in warranty. They just send refurbished ones that were rebuilt in China.
So if you remove each speaker and connect it to an amp or measure it with a VOM to determine if it's blown you won't be able to get a replacement. Woofers and cone mids can be rebuilt but not cheap enough to make it worth while on that kind of speaker system. If you try to find new speakers they have to fit exactly and have the same or close to the specs of the old ones.
Then you would have to attack the electronics without schematics. Some components may not...
I appreciate that you hate to just chuck it but the reality is that Logitech won't supply you with any replacement speakers or any schematics for the electronics. They don't even repair them domestically in warranty. They just send refurbished ones that were rebuilt in China.
So if you remove each speaker and connect it to an amp or measure it with a VOM to determine if it's blown you won't be able to get a replacement. Woofers and cone mids can be rebuilt but not cheap enough to make it worth while on that kind of speaker system. If you try to find new speakers they have to fit exactly and have the same or close to the specs of the old ones.
Then you would have to attack the electronics without schematics. Some components may not even have part numbers on them.
Overall it will cost you way less to replace than to repair NOT counting the time. That's why any audio tech won't touch it. Would you spend 3 or 4 times the replacement price to repair it?
It's not vintage and I hope it doesn't have any sentimental value.

Solution