Question BluDento Cerwin Vega Onkyo receiver high volume crash

Jan 8, 2020
Just joined...love this site
So I have an Onkyo AV Receiver TX-SR504
Rating AC 120V ~ 60Hz 4.9A and I’m running my Cerwin-Vega! SELECT EDITION 280 SE 6 OHMS IMPENDANCE using Monster XP compact precision copper stranded high resolution speaker cable with Magnetic Flux tube and LPE Dielectric and Polkaudio surround, center and subwoofer model number RM101 SAT. I hate to seem redundant but I didn’t find any correlation with the BlueDento. I’m having the same issue with volume shut off at 56, with just the Cerwin Vega’s. I am using BlueDento BLTHD. So I’m running Spotify through my phone. I found that if I adjust the volume right with my phone (IPhone XSMax) I can get the volume a bit louder but eventually after 20 min it kicks off. I never had issues back in the day with CD’s. And I can’t get any if the surrounds to work? I can’t find the remote. Thanks!

If the headphone output of your phone is set too loud it will cause distortion at the input of the receiver regardless of how loud the receiver is playing. That can cause the receiver to shut down. Headphone output is higher than line level output which the receiver is made for.
The receiver may be overheating which is kicking it off after 20 minutes. You can try using a fan to keep the receiver cooler.
If you can access the set up menu without the remote then you could set the receiver for surround sound but there would be less power for the front speakers then.

Jan 8, 2020
If the headphone output of your phone is set too loud it will cause distortion at the input of the receiver regardless of how loud the receiver is playing. That can cause the receiver to shut down. Headphone output is higher than line level output which the receiver is made for.
The receiver may be overheating which is kicking it off after 20 minutes. You can try using a fan to keep the receiver cooler.
If you can access the set up menu without the remote then you could set the receiver for surround sound but there would be less power for the front speakers then.

Sounds good. I appreciate the prompt response. I will try a fan as the receiver does get pretty warm. I wasn’t aware of the cell phone capacity so that info helps a lot.
Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator: