Review Blue by ADT review: DIY smart home security

Oct 23, 2021
ADT is certifiably the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I have been going back and forth with them for over 3 months over hardware upgrades they gave in return for me signing another contract. All of the upgrades they provided have failed to work since day 1. I've had over 6 tech visits (paid for some) and the issues persist. I have been exceedingly patient and calm but they refuse to even engage with me in solving this issue and have instead claimed my expectations are too high. I get 150-200 error notifications PER DAY about cameras, extenders, etc. going offline. I have only a handful of clips that my system managed to record over the past months as they are always offline and require power cycling to come back online (climbing multiple ladders to reach the outlets). Instead of acknowledging any issues with their product, they basically dare me to go elsewhere as they know I'm under contract. I will be buying out almost the entirety of my new 3 year contract as I cannot deal with paying for services that are not provided -- not to mention their ineptitude and/or indifference in providing any semblance of customer service. Seriously, RUN from this trash as fast as possible. Signing this contract was the dumbest thing I've ever done as an adult.