Blue Screen Vertical White Lines

Potatoesforlunch

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
Hello, I have a Lenovo G50 and lately I have this blue screen with white vertical lines that keep multiplying. Then the laptop crashes and restarts, I have no idea what is happening and I am freaking out. Will appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

Solution
Glad to hear you have a temporary fix. although it's possible it may happen again no matter what browser you use if it is in fact an issue with the screen.
I do find it odd it only happens when using Chrome, although I have seen some rendering inconsistancy in some browsers, maybe this is what you have run into with chrome.
Sounds like a definite hardware issue. Try to connect it to an external monitor and see if it replicates the problem on the external monitor.
If it DOES replicate the issue on the external monitor, it is mostly likely your GPU is failing or has failed. If it does NOT replicate on the external monitor it is most likely an issue with the screen itself.
That is where I would start with troubleshooting.

Potatoesforlunch

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

I got a reply! :bounce: Thank you so much for your time! The problem doesn't replicate on an external monitor so probably its the screen. Though I have hust realised it only happens when I use Chrome. I have used Firefox for a day now and the problem hasn't recurred.

Glad to hear you have a temporary fix. although it's possible it may happen again no matter what browser you use if it is in fact an issue with the screen.
I do find it odd it only happens when using Chrome, although I have seen some rendering inconsistancy in some browsers, maybe this is what you have run into with chrome.

Solution