Solved! blue tooth headphones

Apr 12, 2018
Is there a way to get audio to my blue tooth (bose) headphones. The audio on my tv goes
thru my receiver. Sound simple but I cannot get the answer. Bose says no. The headphones
were not meant to get sound from a TV. Samsung (TV) said to contact Bose. Pioneer
(my receiver) says, not possible, no audio output on back of receiver.

Any solutions out there? Help.

Thanks, Tim

Solution
This HDMI connection makes your task little bit easier. Most modern TVs have "Digital Optical Out" jack, where you plug an optical cable. The other end of this cable goes to "Bluetooth Transmitter with optical input", there are many ones on the market, and a lot of them have been discussed here.
Your TV does have some audio output, which is connected to your receiver. You have two options:
- if your receiver (you did not mention the model) has "Monitor Audio Out", this is where you can connect a Bluetooth transmitter, paired with your headphones.
- other option is to split TV audio out between the receiver, and BT transmitter. How to do this depend on what is the audio connection.

Apr 12, 2018

My receiver is a pioneer elite VSL-LX 101. It does not have a “ monitor audio out”
Sorry, but I don’t understand “split tv audio out between the receiver and BT transmitter”. I do not know “what is the audio connection”

Thank you for responding to my plea for help. I would sincerely appreciate more advice from you.
Thanks, Tim

Apr 12, 2018

Apr 12, 2018
Thank you Alabalcho.
My receiver is a Pioneer Elite VSX-LX101. I don’t understand how to split the tv audio between the receiver and BT transmitter. The receiver does not have a “monitor audio out”
Hope to hear from you again.

Apr 12, 2018

This HDMI connection makes your task little bit easier. Most modern TVs have "Digital Optical Out" jack, where you plug an optical cable. The other end of this cable goes to "Bluetooth Transmitter with optical input", there are many ones on the market, and a lot of them have been discussed here.

Solution
Apr 12, 2018