Question Bluetooth headset only works in stereo mode will not funcion in headset mode.

Sep 10, 2020
I have an ASUS Rog Strix GL703VM running Windows Home 64-bit and I have two different Bluetooth headsets different models and brands both do the same thing so I'm sure it's not the headsets themselves but they work great in Stereo Mode but will not function at all when used as headsets everything worked great and I did not change any settings and the next time I turned it on it would not work. When I use them as a headset I changed the sound settings off of stereo to headset and all sound is just dead until eventually it just starts with a steady beep. I know the headset still works 100% because I can use the headset on my phone no problem. Now I have run all updates including removing the device drivers and reinstalling completely, tried the troubleshooter checked all default settings as well as repairing the headphones and I have no idea how to fix this on my laptop. As I am trying to set the default sound to "headset" the option doesn't even exist now in windows settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I commonly cannot use a wireless headset.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Supertoine_FR Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 6
J Laptop Tech Support 0
ggggggggggunit Laptop Tech Support 0
sam72 Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 3
DPick33 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0