Bluetooth not working

communicate3

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
hello, i have an acer 5750G-52454G75Mnkk. On the side of the box it says i have bluetooth 4.0+hs and when i press Fn+F3 the launch manager pops up with the wireless on/off switch and bluetooth switch as well as the bluetooth on/off switch. However, the pre-loaded bluetooth driver, which happens to be atheros, did not launch no matter what i did. So i wne to acer support and downloads and found my laptop need the broadcom driver. I downloaded both of the broadcom drivers on the acer website, but neither recognised my computer as bluetooth compatible, even when bluetooth was switched on. So currently i do not know how to get bluetooth working on my machine and how to pair it to other devices. please help me solve this issue

armstrongit

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
Hello Communicate3, I am not sure what you mean by "atheros, did not launch", but I have the very same model and when i switched on the Bluetooth, an icon appeared in my task bar that allows me to add devices and change settings etc, and i have successfully listened to music from my phone through my PC, and transferred files from my phone to PC and reverse. The only thing i cannot get sorted is how to ensure that when i reboot the PC the Bluetooth remains in the "ON" position, i seem to have to re-enable it each time i reboot.