Solved! Bluetooth pairing problem

Oct 14, 2018
Samsung S7 failing to pair with a car radio. It simply says " Cant pair with DEH-S40...Incorrect PIN entered" without displaying the window to type in the PIN shown on the radio.

Solution
It is not uncommon for the incorrect pin error to come up not when a wrong one is entered, but when a device you are trying to pair with isn't compatible. I know, it should give a more direct error message, alas that isn't the case. I would look into the devices and check to see if they actually are compatible. Sometimes a simple update to the OS will resolve it (if there is an available update) other times the devices just will not work together. Check with the manufacturers.
It is not uncommon for the incorrect pin error to come up not when a wrong one is entered, but when a device you are trying to pair with isn't compatible. I know, it should give a more direct error message, alas that isn't the case. I would look into the devices and check to see if they actually are compatible. Sometimes a simple update to the OS will resolve it (if there is an available update) other times the devices just will not work together. Check with the manufacturers.

Solution