Bluetooth speaker with mp3 player and folder / file selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2018
I am looking for a bluetooth speaker with SD card or internal storage and a facility for selecting a folder then a file within that folder before playing it. I have browsed dozens of devices, none adresses this problem conveniently. If there was a smartphone application which could enable navigating through the SD card file system and selecting the file, it would be wonderful !

Mar 2, 2018
Hello hang-the-9 I am not sure that I understand your answer correctly. If you mean that I can just store the mp3 files on my smartphone, then select whichever I want to play using the Android file browser, then play it, then send the signal via bluetooth to the bluetooth speaker, yes of course !
My question is about finding a device that not only has the bluetooth speaker function, but also a mp3 reader function for audio files stored internally or on a SD card inserted into the device. I am looking for such a device and I want to be able to select the file to play through a folder / file selection dialog, and not just step to the next or previous mp3.
I have 10 GB of audio files, and I need to have them split into a hierarchy of folders for sorting purposes. I do not want to have these files on my smartphone, so I want to store them on a SD card of a bluetooth speaker that enables it.

I'm confused about why you want this in the speaker. If you want to use your phone to navigate through the card files why not just use your phone to play the music since it can do what you want anyway, and if you want a bluetooth speaker, connect that speaker to the phone to play that music.

There are plenty of modern boomboxes that can play from a card reader, but I don't know exactly which ones can work with different directories.

Just get a speaker and use your phone for this, exact same thing, or get a cheap MP3 player and use that with the speaker.

Copy your files to your phone SD card, if you are out of space, SD cards are pretty cheap, you can get a 64 GB one for like $20 https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Ultra-Micro-UHS-I-Adapter/dp/B073JYVKNX/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1520261280&sr=8-10&keywords=64+gb+sd+memory+card

Mar 2, 2018
Hey guys, I have found a device that matches exactly my needs : MusicMan BT-X29
I have bought it and tested it. It is much cheaper than the Heos. It has got a little screen, and with it I can navigate through the file system on the SD car and select the file I want to play. It can be set to continue playing the files within the same folder, which is great. The device is small, yet the sound is good. The little drawback is that it took me a little while to understand how it works with the menus and options, because the user manual that goes with it is very light.
I was also pleased to find out it had no problem playing a mp3 file with a size of 144 MB.
Another drawback is that folders and files will be displayed in the order in which they were created, not the alphabetical order. I have written a script which does a copy of a filesystem to another filesystem respecting the alphabetical order, I can provide it if anyone is interested. With this utility, I have solved the problem, and I am quite happy with this little sound box.
Note : I have not tested the bluetooth speaker function yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.