MonkeyHammer

Estimable
May 12, 2015
Hi All,

I currently have a 27" 2k Monitor which I use with my PC. I was wondering whether Blurays would properly adjust to it? I know Blurays are at a 1080p resolution and that there will be a bit of a quality degradation due to it not being it's native resolution. Would it be noticeable? Also are there Blurays players that up scale to 2k? I've read that Blurays automatically up scale to 2k but I'm just after clarification.

The Bluray player I'm considering getting is the Sony BDP-S7200. Is it any good?

Thank You.

I think you mean 4k instead of 2K (which is the same as 1080p). The picture quality would be better with any BD player with upscaling built in.
By next year there will be native 4k Blueray discs and players for them. These will require a display with HDMI 2.0 or 2.0a inputs and HDCP 2.0 copyguard protection to be viewed.

MonkeyHammer

Estimable
May 12, 2015

Thank You for your response. I did mean 2k, but I do have a 4k monitor which I replaced with the 2k monitor since I find it better for games, framerate, etc. Regarding 4k would it be possible to get 60fps with an hdmi to display port 1.2 adaptor, since you can only get 60fps through the display port on my monitor?

Also the 4k monitor I have is the ASUS PB278Q which doesn't have IPS panels. Would it be better to sell it and get a better option for blurays and on demand tv?

Thank You.