Boost Your Wi-Fi Strength Using Cans

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingwaldo

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
whats wrong with bringing such an idea back. There would be people which haven't seen this or have issues with there WiFi

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Using metal cans to boost Wi-Fi signals has been around since Wi-Fi went public, but thanks for the reminder. That looks odd though, it would only direct the signal forward. If your router is on a side of your house like mine is, you want it directed 180 degrees, so cut a can in half and place it behind the router instead of doing this.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]schwiing[/nom]This looks like technology made in the south =)[/citation]

Yea that might be funny if it weren't for the fact that in the Dallas area alone we have either the headquarters of or at least major facilities for all kinds of folks like Texas Instruments, Raytheon, Bell Helicopter, Microsoft, Intel, Lockheed Martin, Nokia Siemens, Nortel (rip), and that is just off the top of my head.

I think a few of those are only administration offices but my point is you can't even pick up a calculator without owing us thanks; without even considering current tech. Sorry to rant but the south jokes stopped being funny a few decades ago.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]nekatreven[/nom]Yea that might be funny if it weren't for the fact that in the Dallas area alone we have either the headquarters of or at least major facilities for all kinds of folks like Texas Instruments, Raytheon, Bell Helicopter, Microsoft, Intel, Lockheed Martin, Nokia Siemens, Nortel (rip), and that is just off the top of my head.I think a few of those are only administration offices but my point is you can't even pick up a calculator without owing us thanks; without even considering current tech. Sorry to rant but the south jokes stopped being funny a few decades ago.[/citation]

Then quit sleeping with your sisters. Electricuting people, and buy some front teeth.

jurassic1024

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
Sorry to rant but the south jokes stopped being funny a few decades ago.

Except when you look at Jerry Springer's bank account. Now that's funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.