BOOT problem Dell Latitude D620

Xing123

Estimable
Jul 20, 2014
My Dell Latitude D620 is giving me headache. Sometimes it boots up flawless but at other times it just don't respond when powered on, with only power LED ON.HDD led will come and go off after 2-3 sec leaving behind black screen with no logo. Sometimes after 20-30 min, boot will start with Dell logo. After initial startup there are no hiccups.Already checked RAM,Flashed bios,done clean reinstall of Win 7, reseated all cables, checked C-MOS battery. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks !

Solution
You may have an issue, that when the computer is "cold", you have the error, and as it "warms up", the hardware error isn't present. This could be that the power supply isn't delivering the proper voltage/wattage cold, or it could be components. The first thing I would try is a power supply replacement.....it is the easiest to determine if it is the problem.

You can also unplug all devices except the mobo and GPU (if applicable), and try a cold boot. It may be the mobo/gpu in the computer - replacing the mobo is the most difficult thing to do....and you might have to replace the CPU as well....

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
You may have an issue, that when the computer is "cold", you have the error, and as it "warms up", the hardware error isn't present. This could be that the power supply isn't delivering the proper voltage/wattage cold, or it could be components. The first thing I would try is a power supply replacement.....it is the easiest to determine if it is the problem.

You can also unplug all devices except the mobo and GPU (if applicable), and try a cold boot. It may be the mobo/gpu in the computer - replacing the mobo is the most difficult thing to do....and you might have to replace the CPU as well....

Solution

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004

This is a laptop, not sure these troubleshooting tips will help.

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004

When you said you've checked RAM, did you run Memtest for several hours? How did you check it?