Question Bootable windows 10 USB made with etcher won't boot onto HP pavilion

booterboii

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
So a few days ago my sister was going to use her laptop and turned it on, it was a plain black screen for a while, so she did a force shut down and turned it back on when it turned back on, it was doing updates so she waited and when it reached 100% it went back to 0% and she waited till it reached 100% again and when it did it restarted, after it restarted it started doing updates again so she got annoyed and forced it to shut down, after she did that it booted in recovery mode and she handed it to me, I tried rebooting it but it went back to recovery mode so she told me to do a factory reset, so I did it through the recovery mode thing, it started it and it formatted the disk and deleted all data, after that it was stuck at 10% for a long time so I force shut down it and when i turned it back o n it said please install OS onto hard disk, so basically I deleted the windows OS. So my attempt fixing this was to reinstall the windows 10 OS, using a bootable USB so I bought an apacer 32 GB USB 3.0 and i plugged into my MacBook with balena etcher installed and I burned the, windows 10 ISO onto the drive, I proceeded to plug it into my sisters laptop and boot it, and went to boot manager, but nothing was there so I went to BIOS and turned off secure boot and enabled legacy boot and restarted, I went to the boot menu and it was there, i tried to boot onto it but it said PXE-M0F: EXITING PXE ROM. No bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key. Upon pressing a key it says 'PXE-e61: Media test failure, check cable' and then it says the PXE-M0F No bootable device thing again. What do I do now?

Need to make sure that disk you made was actually bootable. Did you make the boot disk by expanding the ISO on that drive or did you simply put the ISO file on the drive? Try another system to boot form the USB stick. Try to make the disk using a Windows computer from MS windows download site using their utility.

booterboii

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
Need to make sure that disk you made was actually bootable. Did you make the boot disk by expanding the ISO on that drive or did you simply put the ISO file on the drive? Try another system to boot form the USB stick. Try to make the disk using a Windows computer from MS windows download site using their utility.

I used a flasher tool called balena etcher, i definitely expanded the iso file and formatted it, the drive's new name is like CCOMX64 or something like that. The reason I used Balena Etcher is because all of the computers in my house are macs except for the computer with the problem, I would use bootcamp but i need space.