Booting to developer mode on Chromebook with a damaged ChromeOS

hadsox

Estimable
Aug 5, 2015
Hello,

I have a Chromebook with a damaged ChromeOS, I have tried the google recovery image, but no luck. I was hoping to somehow get into developer BIOS to try and run a live usb of linux, I only have access to this
2q0rjf9.jpg
screen. I tried going through the process of enabling developer mode, hard booting with esc + f3 and pressing the power button, then when it reloads tot he recovery screen pressing ctrl + D. It loads this image
2n65hc6.jpg
from there It should just boot up into the chromeOS and it goes to this screen
2hhj2ht.png
but since there is only a damaged one it doesn't boot and it gets stuck. At this point I've tred to load into the dev BIOS with the shortcut ctrl + f2 and I've tried sticking the usb stick with linux on, but both proved fruitless endeavors.

Any ideas?

There are no images in your post. You might want to post links to them to eg TinyPic, PhotoBucked, ImageShack etc

What brand / model is your Chromebook?
Why Google recovery process fails?

If you cannot boot Google recovery image from USB, there are little chances you can boot Linux either. Most widely used Chrubuntu scripts starts installation from working ChromeOS, so you should make this first.

hadsox

Estimable
Aug 5, 2015

Thanks for the reply, I updated the OP with tinypic uploads, and it's a HP chromebook 14. When I go through the recovery process I get the "An unexpected error has occurred during recovery" error after the usb goes through a verification process (It reaches 100%) and I've tried multiple usb sticks.