Bose 700 vs. Bose QuietComfort 35 II: Which Is Better?

Jan 23, 2021
Funny, I thought I read this exact article a month ago! but it says 4 days, must have updated it? Anyway I have a couple of points I would love for you to consider adding. I bought the QC35 II before Christmas and really liked them. However, because of a lack of a couple functions, I thought I would return them and try the nc700 instead. While what you say about the 700 is mostly true (good sound quality, powerful noise cancelling, style, etc) there are a couple issues you might want to consider adding to your article so people who are relying on your thorough review aren’t missing these important details.

For one thing, you list transparency mode (or aware mode or conversation mode) as a feature that the QC35 II has. Unfortunately it does not have this function, stupidly. (Is this Bose’s way of making sure we buy the 700???)

I also have noticed that the QC35II, in “low” NC mode, is FAR better at managing windy conditions than the nc700 in any of its NC modes. Not sure why this is and it is a very disappointing aspect of the nc700 headphones. I really wish they were better at wind because they’d be truly superior if they were.
Additionally, the Bose Music app is actually pretty buggy. It spazzes out when opened and sometimes relentlessly forces the nc700 into full cancelation when it was set to a different level on the headphones with the button. There are some other strange behaviors I have encountered too because I have also found the headphones themselves to suffer from some bugs, although I actually phoned Bose and they said the older manufacturing date model might have had a defect, so they have agreed to replace them. Perhaps the bugs are affecting its ability to ignore wind too? I’ll update you when I have tested the new pair.
However, it’s a huge mistake that you list the QC35II as having a conversation mode. I searched and searched and checked the full manual and they do not do it. =[ Admittedly, I would probably switch back to them if they did.
Thanks for the in depth look at these phones.
Cheers!
Pip