Bose QC35 Mics don't work on PC and when set to Headset it has a static sound

thekiller99

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I recently purchase the new Bose QuietComfort 35 and wanted to use it for CSGO. In my sound settings of playback devices, i get 2 devices: Headset or Headphones.

If I were to set Headset as the default device
-I get a small static sound
-the sound from the headphone becomes extremely bad
-mic works

If I were to choose headphones then
-the audio sounds fine
-mic doesn't work at all
-No static sound

If I go onto the Recording tab in Sound(Control panel -> Sound) I set headset to default device and the static sound comes back again.

Solution

I would ask/ tell Bose support then. What I assume is that the ANC is causing that static noise when you are using the mic.

Suztera

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
I assume you are connecting via bluetooth. There is no way to get good quality audio and use the mic. For the best audio, you would be using the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (AD2P) bluetooth profile which only allows audio. Headset Profile (HSP) or Hands-Free Profile (HFP) will allow the use of your mic but your audio will be low quality. This is the limitation of bluetooth.
As to the static sound, try turning the ANC off.

thekiller99

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

Yes I'm using Bluetooth, there are cords that are provided by Bose but I don't know how to switch the headphones to use cords. I don't think you can turn off Anti-noise cancelling on the QC35.

Suztera

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014

I believe the 3.5mm cable only allows you to listen to audio, not use the mic on your QC35.
If it has a static sound, then you should get a replacement then.

Suztera

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014

I would ask/ tell Bose support then. What I assume is that the ANC is causing that static noise when you are using the mic.

Solution