Bose series 6 acoustimass iii not as loud?

Tydeocean

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
Hey their,
So me and my brother have the same Surround sound system, Bose series 6 acoustimass iii, but I feel that his system produces better sound. Currently I have no true way to compare for I'm in school and have my system two hours away, but when I come home and listen to his it sound crisper and the bass sounds stronger. Is this possible and is their any way of fixing my system we bought them 5 years ago so no warranty

Solution

No two systems are going to sound identical even with the same: components, speakers, wiring/cabling, calibration (as applicable) in-place... Unless the rooms they reside in are: identical (floor/wall surface/density, floorplan) and the speakers themselves are physically placed exactly in the same way...

burtman88

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
I mean a lot can change the factor of how loud it is. First of all settings which i am sure you made to be exact. Next is the output source, one could be putting out a better quality sound then the other. Cables shouldn't make a huge difference. To make it exact you would have to use same exact setup for both systems to sound the same. Bringing your ipad or phone playing exact same song on both. Again with settings all the same.

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013

No two systems are going to sound identical even with the same: components, speakers, wiring/cabling, calibration (as applicable) in-place... Unless the rooms they reside in are: identical (floor/wall surface/density, floorplan) and the speakers themselves are physically placed exactly in the same way. Even then, there will still be slight variables in sound characteristics between components, depending on their build-quality.

Room acoustics, calibration and/or adjusting sound settings and placement of the Acoustimass module (all together) could be the factors in why you are noticing a difference between the systems.

Solution

bloodroses

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Also, make sure your impedance (Ohms) going into the system matches closely to what it needs; not over or under by a lot. Mismatched impedance can play an enormous factor in sound quality.

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013

Great point. Different AVR/amp, different specs.