Bose Speakers interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_383

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
I have a Bose sound system with a box and 2 speakers used with my TV. All of a sudden they started making a high pitched noise with my TV. We have another identical sound system on another TV (working perfectly) and when we swopped them over the exact same issue happened. But they both work perfectly on the other TV. The TV in question also works fine without the Bose sounds system plugged in. We are guessing electrical interference of some sort? is there anything we should be looking out for that might be causing the high pitched interference? Sorry not particularily technical in my description.

Solution
Two possibilities I can think of.
1. If you have cable then a bad ground can cause a constant buzz. With the TV on a different input disconnect the RF input cable from the box. If that is the problem the noise will stop. You will need a ground isolator on that cable line to fix this. Maybe you cable provider will help.
2. You may have a ground loop between the TV and powered speakers. This is when you have two ground connections between the TV and speakers (1 for audio and the other on the AC). You can use a 3-2 AC adapter to break the ground on the power cord of the speakers.
Two possibilities I can think of.
1. If you have cable then a bad ground can cause a constant buzz. With the TV on a different input disconnect the RF input cable from the box. If that is the problem the noise will stop. You will need a ground isolator on that cable line to fix this. Maybe you cable provider will help.
2. You may have a ground loop between the TV and powered speakers. This is when you have two ground connections between the TV and speakers (1 for audio and the other on the AC). You can use a 3-2 AC adapter to break the ground on the power cord of the speakers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.