Bose surround system certain speakers not working ONLY when watching TV

Sjoerd1234

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
Hello,

I have a Bose 5.1 surround system connected to a Bose amplifier which is connected to a Philips tv. It is used for directing all sound in the house including radio. It worked perfect for a couple years and now all of the sudden 3 speakers don't work ONLY when watching TV. When watching trough HDMI or listening to FM radio everything works. But turn on the Digital TV and a message comes up for 2 seconds saying "Switching to audio system failed". Then the two back speakers and front speaker turn off. I tried everything. All cables are connected and the settings are normal. I have no idea anymore. Can someone help me?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 3
B Audio 5
SyncMasterBW Audio 2
R Audio 3
K Audio 2
D Audio 6
C Audio 2
S Audio 2
K Audio 1
W Audio 3
Y Audio 3
S Audio 2
B Audio 4
I Audio 3
L Audio 1
M Audio 2
R Audio 6
V Audio 4
P Audio 1
M Audio 5
Similar threads
Question Is it feasible to have a home theater system with the soundbar as the only front speaker?
Question Subwoofer on 2.1 speaker system not working(Logitech Z623) when connected via aux
Question 5.1 system surround playing through front speakers
i have a 5.1 surround system for my pc out of the 6 speakers which includes my sub woofer only the 2 front speakers are worki
Solved! I have a brand new onkyo home theater system and I can't get the center and the sub and 2 of the surround speakers to work
Solved! Logitech Z506, surround system from hell
So I have the new Tw j5500 tower speakers with built in sub.. so took hook it up to a 7.1 surround system , for sound output
how do I connect samsung surround system to tv
IS there a Device that takes optical and sends it to a 5.1 surround speaker wire system. (In place of an AV receiver)
I have an old sharp surround system with 5speakers .it also has an optical out port my lg TV has an optical out I bought an ra
Trying to create a surround sound system using 2 different speaker systems
Powering 6 pairs of speakers in addition to my main surround system.
How do i make quadrophonic sound system using different set of speakers
Logitech Z906 Surround System, rear speakers too low.
old surround system
How to connect surround sound to Karaoke system.
How can I put my Sony home theatre system in surround mode
7.1 pc surround system to RCA (LCD TV)
Old Surround Sound System to PC
Back speakers bluetooth while keeping wired for rest of my 7.2 surround sound system?

ASK THE COMMUNITY