Bose Unveils FreeStyle Earbud and SoundTrue Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Don't waste money on these. Do yourself a favor and go buy a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50s - they're easily the best headphones to be had for under $200. Any member of the HeadFi forums will tell you that, and that Bose products are pieces of $50 plastic with a $200 nametag strapped on.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I go through 3 sets of buds a year... since they're primarily an 'activity' oriented headphone, they get yanked out when exercising, dropped and stepped on, ran through the wash in my shorts, sweated into salty non-operation, and generally destroyed at such a fast rate that I buy a couple pairs at a time. I'd have to be COMPLETELY MENTAL to spend over a hundred bucks on a pair. I'm not a big fan of on-ear headphones (worst of both worlds, bulky but with weak sound) but Bose on-ear headphones are decent enough but nothing I'd buy. They're on par with Audio Technica's that cost a third less, and inferior to Sennheisers in the same price range.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Addendum: But on the plus side for Bose... they better than Beats headphones for value... Beats gets the big price for textbook marketing genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rutherfordsc Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 8
G Streaming Video & TVs 11
G Streaming Video & TVs 2