Bose wave remote senor problem

trev1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hello,
i have two remotes for my bose wave and i struggle every night to get it to work with my laptop and a toshiba led 50 inch tv. I have to angle it and press the button hundreds of times to get to AUX then do it again to turn it up... whats goin on?

jacobboe89

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
one thing i have noticed about remotes is that if your general area is some what bright they don't perform that well . i noticed this from the morning sun shining on my tv the remote wouldn't work so great . i think the reason why is these remotes work off of infrared light which you can't see but your tv probably produces some .

i would try this with the tv off and see if the tv isn't the source of interference , if it is you will need to find a place for your wave that is in a shadow of the light you your tv produces

trev1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Thank you sooo much for your reply.. Unfortunately I even went as far as to remove it fully from the room and try it..no luck. Only button working now is the sleep button which I use to turn it on now ..it's officially dead. Not even sure who to call for a sensor issue..every night me and my three year old watch movie from the laptop to the tv and the wave use to be our output...now I rely on the 32 inch toshiba ..it's a loss ..

Must be a sensor issue?
Thanks again fod your time!