Bouncing off Ideas Has Never Been This Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
Okay so first it was that advertisment for that video encoder, now its an add for bounce. Are you starting to sell out much? This is a hardware site and advertisments should be noted as advertisments.

G

Tom's hasn't been a hardware site since the days when Tom had a hand in its operation. Then it became a thinly veiled market research site... "How much would you pay for that?" Now, apparently it's a thinly veiled marketing site. What next?

thedreadfather

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]Okay so first it was that advertisment for that video encoder, now its an add for bounce. Are you starting to sell out much? This is a hardware site and advertisments should be noted as advertisments.[/citation]
[This is also directed towards the user "WhatNext"]
You do realize these are all free right? I have since found the other applications useful (or neat, in the case of Desktop Earth) and actually have made use of some of them. I find these articles to be useful for those of us who do not wish or do not have time to sift through page after page and install after install to find a program that works.

Keep in mind that you are also commenting on "Tom's Guide" NOT "Tom's Hardware," hence the deviation from hardware stories. Just because the main site (Tom's Hardware) links here doesn't mean that it has to be hardware news.
Tom's Hardware: Hardware related news and articles.
Tom's Guide: Tech related news and articles.

If you don't like the content of the articles, then don't click on the links: problem solved.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
This is Tom's Guide guys. I know when I end up here that I'm getting some easy-to-digest news about something a lot less significant than what TH offers.

I really miss the volume of TH news though. Used to have a ton of SSD news.

G

I used to go to tomshardware and get detailed technical analysis, product comparisons etc. Now I go to the same place and get occasional tech fluff, endless market research, and now product promotions. That the overall site now spans multiple domains doesn't alter the fact that the user experience has changed... for the worse, does it? Just sayin'

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]thedreadfather[/nom][This is also directed towards the user "WhatNext"]You do realize these are all free right? I have since found the other applications useful (or neat, in the case of Desktop Earth) and actually have made use of some of them. I find these articles to be useful for those of us who do not wish or do not have time to sift through page after page and install after install to find a program that works.Keep in mind that you are also commenting on "Tom's Guide" NOT "Tom's Hardware," hence the deviation from hardware stories. Just because the main site (Tom's Hardware) links here doesn't mean that it has to be hardware news. Tom's Hardware: Hardware related news and articles.Tom's Guide: Tech related news and articles.If you don't like the content of the articles, then don't click on the links: problem solved.[/citation]

They arent free though thats the problem I have with it. I downloaded the av encoder. To do batch conversions you have to pay for the program. I have no problem with them recommending free programs. But these are ads plain and simple.

Handbrake is a free encoder. Not only is it free, they use it as a benchmark in about every test they do. I dont see them writing an article on it.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
and yet if no news was posted at all, people would complain the site has slow updates. People already complain they TH is months behind on some news stories.

tinnerdxp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
good for ideas... probably useless in webdev...
What engine does it use underneath to render the screenshot? And can it emulate IE7?

Status
Not open for further replies.