Brand new Asus laptop - not loading to windows!! Please help!!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

seraphim22

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015
So i just bought a new laptop and its a Asus r150j. If you search my last thread i created you will find the exact buyer on Amazon i got it from with a link.

It isnt working!!!!!!! So far all i have done if is plug it in and a screen with the following appears.

"Freedos kernel version 1.1 35w (build 2035w unstable , nov 30 2005.

Copyright 1995-2005 Pasquale villain and the freedos project. No warranty. Licenced under the gnu general public licence version 2.

C:hd1, PRI( 1), chs = 0-32-33, start = 1mb, size = 13312 mb
D:hd1, PRI( 2), chs = 1698-0-1, start. = 13319mb, size=940547 mb

C:/>......

Please help this is a brand new laptop and meant to be using windows 10, right now all it is letting me do is type code where it says c:/> at the bottom.

Please help!! Im not a total computer novice but i have never ever seen anything like this before and I stay away from code....

Many thanks in advance!!!!

PS. Sorry i am having to type this on a phone!

Ps. It does seem i am able to access the BIOS(i think it is the BIOS) by pressing f2 before the screen mentioned loads up.

Solution
on the new laptop when you boot with the windows installer go to comand prompt use diskpart command clean all to clean the laptop drive make sure you select the right hard drive this will remove all os from the laptop. if not windows cant install it boot loader onto the boot sector of the hard drive.
on the new laptop when you boot with the windows installer go to comand prompt use diskpart command clean all to clean the laptop drive make sure you select the right hard drive this will remove all os from the laptop. if not windows cant install it boot loader onto the boot sector of the hard drive.

Solution

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Might be because you went to Ide mode. This has messed up instals for me. Also an external hdd useually works but I have had mixed results with it.