Brand new laptop blue screening in games.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

volzear418

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
1 week ago I bought an Acer Aspire 7750G-6645, it has an AMD HD 7670M, Core i5-2450m, and a 17.3" display. It has switchable graphics which makes it impossible to update the drivers from the AMD site, but I have downloaded and uninstalled/re installed the drivers via the Acer site.

Nothing helps it. I know that the card isn't overheating, I have never seen it get over 55C. My FPS in games are good (30-60 at all times) but I still get random blue screens. I know that the problem is the AMD driver, and I have the most up to date version. I just don't know what to do. I'm about to call Acer support and see what they say, but I wanted to get input from you guys first.

Solution

found this site where this user has a similar Acer laptop as yours. They were having issues overclocking the gpu (not really relevant) but someone suggested trying the desktop series drivers for the...

flank21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007

your welcome :D glad I could help