Brand New Laptop - No Internet from Home WiFi - works fine with Cellphone Hotspot

skandabatata1

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
Hello,

I have been through 50+ Threads already - no solution

My brand new laptop -

Connects to my home wifi - status: connected
But can't even open a single web page of any site

Other devices connected to my home wifi - at least 5+ - all have more than 10MBPS speed

------

I start a Hotspot from my cellphone
Connect wifi from my Brand New Laptop

It works like a charm for all the websites(Internet works smoothly)

I spent almost 10 days figuring out why? No solution

In frustration - I even reset my brand new laptop - but I'm ended up with same problem.

*Works fine with Mobile Hotspot - but not with Home WiFi (while other devices do, with home Wi-Fi)

Thank you!

Solution
Have you heard about the one where you go through the Properties of the Network Adapter in Control Panel>Device Manager? It's possible there's a setting adrift that doesn't mirror the Android requirements.

Last week I dealt with one where the answer turned out to be to untick the "B" level and leave only G and N in place. I don't know why it worked but it did.
Have you heard about the one where you go through the Properties of the Network Adapter in Control Panel>Device Manager? It's possible there's a setting adrift that doesn't mirror the Android requirements.

Last week I dealt with one where the answer turned out to be to untick the "B" level and leave only G and N in place. I don't know why it worked but it did.

Solution