Brand New Lenovo Y510p Not Able To Play Games

RuthlessRampage

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
A couple days ago I received a Lenovo y510p, I booted it up and downloaded all the drivers, updated all the software required. Downloaded some overclocking sytems, games, and game software (steam and origin). I downloaded Planetside 2 first and once I launched the game the screen turned black and I crashed to desktop. I went online and tried to resolve theses problems, but none worked.
Next game I tested was L4D2, once I launched that game I got the same problem a black screen than a few seconds later a crash. When I opened that crash file it was just a bunch of coding.
I tried Counter Strike Source, once I launched the game a black screen than a crash.
I've updated my video driver several time, I did a chkdsk, and I forced update windows none of these worked.
Considering I got this computer a couple days I'm wondering if I should just do a full system recovery and start fresh.
I'm running out of options and need help
System Specs:
Cpu: i7 4700mq
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce 755m
Hdd: 1tb 24gb ssd
Ram: 8gb

johnnywilyat

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
Upgrade the hard drive and uninstall all the bullshit programs that come with the computer. For example, intel rapid storage technology, express cache, and anything that starts with "Lenovo..." I had the same problem and was extremely angry with the performance of this computer until I uninstalled everything. This computer is perfect minus the slow HDD. I'm replacing mine with a SSD, and I hear it's suppose to fix every lag problem with the computer.