rchallender

Commendable
Dec 2, 2017
Hey everyone! I just recieved my my Microsoft surface book 2, 258 GB with 16GB RAM and Intel i7, that I was replacing my college computer with! It arrived today around noon. I went ahead and set my new laptop up, and left it to run through all the current software and security updates. Once that finished I turned off my surface book 2, and when I went to close my laptop I heard something that almost sounded like a crinkling candy wrapper as I was shutting the laptop. It isn't extremely loud, but it has made me very worried that the hinge on my surface book 2 may be defective in some way! I spent $2000 on this laptop and because of that I wanted to give due diligence and ask the community about this crinkling sound I was observing, especially since I've had the laptop less than 24 hours and it's still under warranty. I wanted to look into this sooner rather than later because it's under warranty for 90 days. Has anyone here experiences this issue themselves with the surface book 2, or have at least heard about this issue online or from acquaintances? For all I know this crinkling wound could be totally normal, but from a brief search of the internet it sounds like there are a number of people who dknt experience this hinge noise when opening/closing the surface book 2. Please share any thoughts you have on this, and whether or not I should just bite the bullet and send it back for a replacement while it's still under warranty from Microsoft? That would sort of suck cuz I needed a new computer for some college courses this semester, and it sounds like a replacement could take a few weeks 😢! Cheers everyone!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Galileu9 Laptop General Discussion 0
X Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 4
P Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 4
M Laptop General Discussion 2
L Laptop General Discussion 5
Graybush Laptop General Discussion 5
R Laptop General Discussion 13