Brands. Graphic Cards Brands.

IAmCurious

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
I have a laptop, ASUS, with Intel Graphic HD 4400 in it with a 2GB Ram DDR2 and Intel quad core i3 4005. When i played CS:GO in 800x600, the FPS was just low but playable, more like 40 fps with bots. Then i went to this computer in a cyber cafe that has Nvidia graphic card with only 512 Mb (mine is 1024 MB) VRAM and 1024 MB of RAM but when i played CS:GO there, it went 60 fps at 800x600 with bots.

Are graphic cards more than just spec? Can one graphic card be somewhat different than the other?

n0ns3ns3

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Graphics cards (or any other computer components) are are not just numbers. Just like car engines. Bigger numbers do not mean better performance.
In your case, you are using onboard graphics core (part of your CPU) that is weak by it's nature and the memory is actually shared with the system. Nvidia and AMD graphics cards are usually a separate card with it's own processor and it's own memory.

IAmCurious

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
How come? How does that work? I mean, the processor is quad core and from what i know, each core processes individually. So, why is this still a problem? OK, the VRAM shares with the RAM, but if the number is big enough, it shouldn't be a problem. So now, probably there is something else in those VGAs like KFC's secret recipe?

TRENDING THREADS