brief fall into snow

Paula_5

Estimable
Jan 23, 2016
mp laptop fell into the snow. I picked it up immediately and wiped it all off. It has been working just fine until I tried to charge it and now it won't charge. I have tried different chargers, different plugs. So now I think it is about the minuscule half a minute it was in the snow. It was shut up when it fell in the snow. It fell out of its case.

Hi,

Water might have sip inside the laptop and caused it to short circuit specially inside it's charging port. Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may also help.

- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it would boot up.
- Next is to try connect an external monitor and see if you'll get a display from it because if you do that means it's the LCD display that has the issue, you'll need to check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- If these doesn't work do check the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage or try a different AC adapter.
- Do also reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything was seated properly.
- If all these will not work do contact the manufacturer for a repair.