Broken Acer Screen

Karen_46

Commendable
May 16, 2016
My acer laptop screen is broken.,Can i connect it to my working toshiba laptop via s video? and if so, what are the steps? Do they need to be on or off before connecting them? Please help.

Solution
The s-video connector on your Toshiba is most likely a video output and not an input. What you should do, is just find a PC monitor and connect your broken laptop there (you should have a VGA or HDMI output somewhere on your Acer). If an image does not appear automatically on the external screen, there should be a function key somewhere on your Acer's keyboard that sends it's image to the external screen.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
The s-video connector on your Toshiba is most likely a video output and not an input. What you should do, is just find a PC monitor and connect your broken laptop there (you should have a VGA or HDMI output somewhere on your Acer). If an image does not appear automatically on the external screen, there should be a function key somewhere on your Acer's keyboard that sends it's image to the external screen.

Solution