Broken laptop hinge

Status
Not open for further replies.

raducubejana

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Hello. So, I closed my laptop and after 10 minutes decided to open it again but I heard something cracking and stopped and decided to look what's happening, apparently my left hinge is somehow stuck to the keyboard and I can't raise the screen anymore... I have an Acer Aspire VX 15

Solution
As long as the antenna and the screen flat cable is not damaged, it’s just a normal hinge, if you are comfort with disabling laptop. you can take it apart by opening the laptop and take the hinge out and see the extent of the damage, whether the hinge failed or the screw hole got compromised. To fix a damaged base seating, you can use super glue or epoxy, for stuck hinge, you can lube it up.

zyh1987

Proper
Mar 16, 2018
As long as the antenna and the screen flat cable is not damaged, it’s just a normal hinge, if you are comfort with disabling laptop. you can take it apart by opening the laptop and take the hinge out and see the extent of the damage, whether the hinge failed or the screw hole got compromised. To fix a damaged base seating, you can use super glue or epoxy, for stuck hinge, you can lube it up.

Solution
Apr 26, 2018
I had the exact same problem with my Acer vx-15. Closed and opened it in few minutes and the plastic connection to the hinge and the LCD back panel is shredded. Contacted the nearest service center but they say no stock for the back panel. so frustrating that acer keeps having the same problem in every laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.