Broken laptop screen , can't connect to a 2nd monitor using hdmi or vga

Aug 20, 2018
Hi all, I've been trying to connect my laptop to a second monitor to be able to play it but recently the monitor will not pick the signal up from the laptop, If I use a VGA cable the screen will show no singal found whilst when I use the hdmi it will flicker from the analog setting to the hdmi setting a few times then turn the monitor off. Anybody know of anyway to fix this? Thanks

There usually are designated hotkeys for toggling the display. There's also the Windows key and P key combo tied to Windows - but if all fails, I think you're looking at needing something repaired or replaced.

Aug 20, 2018

Ive tested the HDMI on a separate laptop and it works fine, couldn't test the other cable as MacBooks do not have the slot to plug it into. and I can't toggle the display output as the screen is broken and can't see anything through it. just wasn't sure if there were keys on laptop I could use to do this or anything like that

There usually are designated hotkeys for toggling the display. There's also the Windows key and P key combo tied to Windows - but if all fails, I think you're looking at needing something repaired or replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
wredroom.exe Laptop Tech Support 5
K Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 2
O Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 4