Broken laptop screen , can't connect to a 2nd monitor using hdmi or vga

Aug 20, 2018
Hi all, I've been trying to connect my laptop to a second monitor to be able to play it but recently the monitor will not pick the signal up from the laptop, If I use a VGA cable the screen will show no singal found whilst when I use the hdmi it will flicker from the analog setting to the hdmi setting a few times then turn the monitor off. Anybody know of anyway to fix this? Thanks

Solution

There usually are designated hotkeys for toggling the display. There's also the Windows key and P key combo tied to Windows - but if all fails, I think you're looking at needing something repaired or replaced.
Aug 20, 2018

Ive tested the HDMI on a separate laptop and it works fine, couldn't test the other cable as MacBooks do not have the slot to plug it into. and I can't toggle the display output as the screen is broken and can't see anything through it. just wasn't sure if there were keys on laptop I could use to do this or anything like that

There usually are designated hotkeys for toggling the display. There's also the Windows key and P key combo tied to Windows - but if all fails, I think you're looking at needing something repaired or replaced.

Solution