Brothers Stab Each Other Over PS2 Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
hey, maybe the people were mentally challenged... would the politicians still use them as an example? I mean if a person has anger issues, you can't do much about that, maybe they both had some issues...Yea i get it, over a game, but still./... dumb sh|t happens all the time

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
I see grown men fight over a lot of stuff. I see men at bars get drunk and get in fights cause they want to hit people, are we gonna ban alcohol? I see men fight over women. Perhaps congress should also consider banning women. Seriously everytime someone does something violent involving video games it becomes an event.

It seems video game related violence is rare compared to domestic, gang, drug, or even state related violence. Didn't Israel just launch the deadliest strike to date against Gaza cause. We are good friends with Israel I doubt they will get sanctioned, maybe a UN sanction but we forever hold veto power.

Thousands of people die from other acts of violence, how does two people getting cut even make the radar? We are fighting two wars, Israel is blowing Gaza to dust, India and Pakistan (gone to war 3 times in the past)maybe going to war again with nukes this time, and two guys intend to kill each other but fail to even inflict a life threating blow...

Bowl games are being played I'm sure that is going to be the cause of a fight somewhere, or perhaps a cities downtown being burned down because one team lost and their fans were pissed off.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Games are supposed to be fun and entertaining, however many current titles feel more like simulators rather than something enjoyable to pass the time.

Sports and gambling are supposed to be fun too, but how many people get into trouble with gambling and how many dads end up beating up some kid or coach?

The problem with the aggression tends to lend itself to society and what it deems acceptable behavior. It isn't just bad parenting, but the perspective we have on blood sport and violence as a whole.

We go to war to make money for politicians through war-zone contracts. Most of the companies in Iraq feed money up through the channel to Bush and his supporters.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I want to add too that Bush is not the first president to fund a war in order to make money.

There's a huge return on investment, because the war is funded by the taxpayers, but the contracts go to friends...wealthy friends...who like to kick back a little something for the opportunity to make big bucks overseas.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
"Games are supposed to be fun and entertaining, however many current titles feel more like simulators rather than something enjoyable to pass the time."

how so ? and what games are you playing bro ?

for christmas i reccently got fallout 3 , nwn 2 storm of zehir , tombraider Underworld, Left 4 Dead (digital version off steam), and Mass Effect (securom free steam version)

and not one of them seem remotely like a simulation fo things that would occur in reality (though i will admit ... fallout3 .. hmmm , lets just say im a pessimist when it comes to nuclear weapons LOL)

jokes aside , i don't notice any other gmaes that fit your catagory ??? could it be some console titles i haven't heard of (i am a pc only gamer right now due to money issues and school priorites , i needed a PC for school work and one that can run 3ds max 2009, where as i merely "want a 360")

P.S. and FO3 is not really an acurate protrayal of nuclear devestation. Should such events ever occur, very few buildings if any, in any major city that got hit, would not be left standing. not to mention that fact that the ONLY survivors would be the vault residents:p , but eh it makes for a fun game as it is and that is what counts...... back to wasteland exploring for me !

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Think it'd be less bloody if Israel just play their XBOX with Gaza?

I'm not gonna get into this long political debate about Israel and it's neighbors but it's getting to be ridiculous. Seems to me is why can't everybody get along since we only have ONE planet to live on?

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
[citation][nom]Darkk[/nom]Think it'd be less bloody if Israel just play their XBOX with Gaza?I'm not gonna get into this long political debate about Israel and it's neighbors but it's getting to be ridiculous. Seems to me is why can't everybody get along since we only have ONE planet to live on?[/citation]Because Mr.Darkk, there are those in power that want that this planet and all it's resources to themselves.

[citation][nom]timaahhh[/nom]It seems video game related violence is rare compared to domestic, gang, drug, or even state related violence.[/citation]I have to agree with you there, compared to every other type of violent crime that makes it into the news, game related crimes are fairly rare. I wish people would get that, and stop blowing news like this out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.