Broussard: 3D Realms NOT Closed/Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
I know it is only one side of the story but from the above I am inclined to believe Broussard.

Sounds to me like Take-Two was/is trying to pull a SONY maneuver. Reminiscent of what SONY did to SiGil Games with Vanguard.

Sure come on board but let's have an acquisition meeting in the parking lot first...!

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
This is some crazy stuff, someone is lieing big time. They only spent $20 million on DNF over 12 years, im dieing to know how much COULD be made upon a successful release.

reconspartan

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
All of you should be happy Take-2 is taking legal action, I am. This could be the spark that lights the needed fire under Broussard's ass to get this game finished.

-unknown-

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
It doesn't sound that far off the realm of possibility.

What sounds like happened is that Take-Two got tired of waiting for a DNF release, decided to try and buy the franchise rights from 3DR so that they could take development under themselves but 3DR refused the deal so then Take-Two is now playing hardball with 3DR (Take-Two not providing any additional funding to 3DR and hence 3DR having to downsize + face a lawsuit).

Its hard to determine what actual events transpired between the two companies beyond the financial transactions but I guess time will tell.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
[citation][nom]reconspartan[/nom]All of you should be happy Take-2 is taking legal action, I am. This could be the spark that lights the needed fire under Broussard's ass to get this game finished.[/citation]
What?

How can he finish it if he has no money to pay code monkeys?

icebain

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2008
[citation][nom]B-Unit[/nom]What?How can he finish it if he has no money to pay code monkeys?[/citation]

he didn't say he wouldn't pay them, he just said their paychecks would be forever delayed :D

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
No developers, no Duke. By the time someone else picks it up again they will also probably have to start from scratch and it wouldn't be the same game that it could have been. That what be what, the 4th time they started over?

Status
Not open for further replies.