"Browsers" Text Document in my "C:\ProgramData" folder has all my saved passwords.

VincentTHATW_kt

Estimable
May 15, 2014
So i was going though all my folders today to clean up my hard drive, and when i went into "C:\ProgramData" there was a text document called "Browsers" and it has all the passwords, user names, and a "Password Strength".

It's pretty much just a list of all the passwords i've saved with any browser. This file was created 3/31, and was also last accessed on 3/31.

Recently my paypal was hacked, and my paypal password was one of the passwords saved in the text document, today, when i logged onto steam i saw that my other account was last logged onto 30 mins ago, even though i have no other computers that was logged on to it, but my friend is telling me that he might have saw that account marked as "Away" for a few hours. My steam username and password for that account was also saved on that document.

My antivirus tells me that the last scan was 2 days ago, and came back clean. I've not used any other browser other than chrome since 2013, so I moved the text document to the recycle bin, and tried to see if Chrome was the program that created the document (Almost all if not all of the passwords were on the list was ones saved on chrome), but when i went to a website to check if chrome still autofills my username and password it still did.

After my test i deleted the file but i'm not sure what created it or what happened. Any one know os something like this?

Solution
Haven't seen it before, and I'd be concerned too.
Anti virus programs don't always catch malware.
I would run now (and every week or so) Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner.
Both are free programs, and very good

dudio

Admirable
Haven't seen it before, and I'd be concerned too.
Anti virus programs don't always catch malware.
I would run now (and every week or so) Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner.
Both are free programs, and very good

Solution