Bsod while disabling sound card

jji

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
hi, I was having trouble hearing sounds so I was trying to disable the sound card then re enable it, but while it in the process, I got a bsod and when computer restart sound card was gone system said no sound card installed. How can I get it back? Was onboard realtek audio

Bsod was solved, dusty fan causing overheat, but I clean already

Solution
look under windows system device manager sound. there should be real tech audio device there installed. if it is and it enabled then look under windows sound manger and sound devices. make sure windows did not mute your sound card and make sure the realtech speakers are the default output not hdmi sound.

jji

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
The only option concerning sound in the bios is "audio codecs" and that is set to auto. Its a desktop pc and not connected to the internet. I access internet via wifi from laptop or android. But I dowloaded the latest realtek driver on laptop and transferred it to desktop already

look under windows system device manager sound. there should be real tech audio device there installed. if it is and it enabled then look under windows sound manger and sound devices. make sure windows did not mute your sound card and make sure the realtech speakers are the default output not hdmi sound.

Solution

jji

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Well that's the problem, after the bsod, it was no longer listed under device manager, instead it has " high definition audio device" that was there all along but doesn't produce sound, I guess its for the digital audio hdmi.
Sound manager says no audion devices are installed. And the little speaker icon on the taskbar has a little x and says no speakers or headphones plugged in, but I do have speakers plugged in