Budget gaming laptop

dr0gg3r

Honorable
May 25, 2012
1. What is your budget? Up to 1000$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Any

3. What screen resolution do you want? FHD, if possible

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement.

5. How much battery life do you need? Doesn't matter.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? LoL(any settings), CoH2(any settings), War thunder(any).

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Web development, studying physics, browsing web etc.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? No less than 150gb.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Dont know really, Im from Bosnia, that might be a problem.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years atleast.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? None, just usb and usb bootable.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I dont know anything about laptops, totally new. In desktop department I was a fan of AMD.

13. What country do you live in? Bosnia and Herzegovina.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Try to make it good looking, if it's possible. :)

I hope you'll be able to help me guys. :)

Solution
No idea about your local stores but look at the ASUS GL552VW, total beast i7-6700hq,gtx 960m, 8gb ddr4 ram, full hd IPS screen, 7200rpm hdd and m2 slot for ssd, costs 900-1000$. or give me a link for some websites that sell laptops.

Gingerbread

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
No idea about your local stores but look at the ASUS GL552VW, total beast i7-6700hq,gtx 960m, 8gb ddr4 ram, full hd IPS screen, 7200rpm hdd and m2 slot for ssd, costs 900-1000$. or give me a link for some websites that sell laptops.

Solution

yarraaaaam

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
Hey there, been exactly in your position a few months before, and did some research for it, then i decided to get a Desktop :) I really cant suggeest any brands or configs atm but here is my 2 cents :

• ■ What really matters is the GPU so i would first pick my GPU candidates and then decide the other system specs after that.
    Last time i checked something with a GTX 960M would cut it for you especially under/around 1000 $. its basicly the 2. best NVIDIA GPU, first being GTX 970M.
    ■ As for the CPU i would get any i5 with decent specs.
    ■ extra RAM and an SSD can be bought afterwards when u have some extra cash, so i wouldnt make them my privilage. - As long as the Laptop supports/has slot for them.
I am currently residing in Austria and using a pricecomparison site called Geihzals**. Their filtering tool is pretty nice, so you can just tip in ur specs and see the offers. not to buy from there but just to select the Leptops that would suit your needs and buy them from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

** The site is in german but here is a link direktly for the Notebooks comparison. https://geizhals.eu/?cat=nb