Budget laptop with an emphasis on the webcam

blizeH

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Hey guys,

I'm after a laptop almost exclusively for casual internet browsing, some LogMeIn to connect to my desktop (so a nice resolution preferable) and most importantly for using as a webcam!

Something that looks nice would be a bonus (yes, I'm shallow!) but most important is the price and the inclusion of webcam.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated, thanks!

blizeH

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Thanks guys, I'm in the UK (so no black Friday deals for me!) but my budget is around £400 or so. Equates to maybe $600 when you allow for import taxes and conversion rates?

So yeah, something in that range with an emphasis on having a good webcam :eek:

blizeH

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Oh, definitely a UK store I think since it'd cost so much to import - sorry I didn't really check the specifics of this forum so much, just visited through the .co.uk domain and assumed the forum would be UK too :$ Sorry!

blizeH

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Many thanks, I do really like the look of the G62 - but just a quick Google and it seems the trackpad doesn't support multitouch gestures, which I guess means I won't be able to do the two finger scrolling etc like on a Macbook? (I'm using one right now, not a huge fan but the trackpad gestures are ace!)

blizeH

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Ahhh, yeah I did think that unfortunately - it's just the swipe to scroll I like really, sooooo much easier than having to scroll across to the right sidebar!

blizeH

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Hmm, bit of a shame - went to try out the G62 in a shop and whilst I was quite impressed, the keyboard wasn't brilliant and the trackpad was actually rather horrible!

Putting a focus onto usability (nice keyboard and trackpad) and a good webcam, and stretching my budget up to £500 - is there anything else I should look at? otherwise the G62 isn't a bad option at all anyway I guess.

Thanks again