Budget laptops July 2018

Gregg_

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015
What's the best budget laptop?
I mean deals including refurbished. I'm a student and plan on doing a lot of work on the Khanacademy. If something is a durable long lasting tested design that is a plus, unless there is a newer more robust, but less time tested model available.

Any help with selection would greatly be appreciated.

Khan academy? Online courses etc? Won't take much at all, really.

What do you consider to be "budget"? What kind of price-range are you talking about ?

This was the most popular laptop on Amazon, and was $350 recently.... more than capable for what you need.
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575-33BM-15-6-Inch-Notebook-Generation/dp/B01K1IO3QW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?tag=austevan03-20&ie=UTF8&qid=1513965826&sr=8-3&keywords=aspire+e15&linkCode=ll1&linkId=86ec6697a68b224cfb851ce6110387f9

At $450 though, it's less appealing.

A refurbished 7th Gen i3 option from Acer (via NewEgg) is <$300
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834316355

Arguably still overkill for what you need - and a <$150 laptop on the used market (i3 or i5 from about the 2nd Gen onwards) would serve you just as well.

Gregg_

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015
Would the white chromebook 15 by Acer be a good recommendation for my intended uses?

What sort of things can't a student do on the Chromebook that they can on a PC!?

I too saw that (or I mean one of those )Aser Aspire 3's. Which is the best one for under $400, is there anything knew out now that is better?

Gregg_

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Gregg_ : "Best budget laptop 2018 - 4 College"

Best budget laptop 2018
For college, math, Khan academy. Maybe...

What is the best budget laptop?

I'm really wanting to spend no more than $350 USD.
Though, if I can get an extra 50% (exaggeration) in performance I'll spend up to $400 USD.

What is the best system?

Looking for a good screen, something easy to look at, something that won't necessarily x-ray my eyes.

It seems there are so many out there that it becomes are to compare them all. I'm looking for something reliable for school. Looking to be ready for Microsoft office, when the time comes, and Excell, when the time comes. And am looking for something I can plug my ti84 calculator into, when the time comes for it.

I'm looking for the 22RE of computers, or the Moto G5 of computers -- something that is reliable, something that is worth more than it costs, in the sense of the Moto G5 comparison. Looking for something that gets the job done. I've heard Acer has blue shield technology which I like, what'd be someothers? Lastly, I've though a little about the AcervChromebook 15 white, it looks pretty, but how good is it's screen for long term useage?