Build a high end computer and buy low spec laptop or gaming laptop for computer engineering?

Paul018

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Hi,

I'm in senior high school now and i will take up computer engineering in college. I want to know if should i build a high end computer and buy a mid spec or low spec laptop or should i buy a gaming laptop. TIA

Solution
I would suggest you buy a decent light weight laptop as of now, as its easy to carry and should help you get through most of your school related work and other activities as in movies, music and stuff.

if later you need something powerful, then you can always build a computer for urself as it would be much more cost effective and you can also upgrade it in the future without much problems.

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
For the school work a low end laptop alone should suffice, if you even need a computer of your own at all...
If you want to do other, more computer demanding, stuff than school work you might consider something more powerful.

mohakbehl007

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
I would suggest you buy a decent light weight laptop as of now, as its easy to carry and should help you get through most of your school related work and other activities as in movies, music and stuff.

if later you need something powerful, then you can always build a computer for urself as it would be much more cost effective and you can also upgrade it in the future without much problems.

Solution