Building Russia's Silicon Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
This is a sign that Russians recognize that 1991 happened for a good cause . The country is still coming to terms with a sudden change in its system . This will accelerate things for good .

buckinbottoms

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
You can't just demand a Silicon Valley, lol. You have to create the atmosphere of freedom and entrepreneurship that develops into a place for success. Russia still lacks this.

smile9999

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
why are you condemning this idea to failure from the start, honestly who expected Japan to rise after world war II or china to invade the world like this or Euro falling down like a rock, you cant predict the future its impossible give it time and will see and if there is just an ounce of dedication and patience it will come to fruition.

also plz stop with the whole Israel is one of the leading in tech development, Israel never helped in the advancement of the world all it do is research in new ways to kill people its sure is the leader in that.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]smile9999[/nom]why are you condemning this idea to failure from the start[/citation]

"We are by no means condemning this plan to failure; the more innovation in the tech sectors, the better."

Maybe you should read the entire article before making comments.

-Devin

smile9999

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
[citation][nom]dconnors[/nom]"We are by no means condemning this plan to failure; the more innovation in the tech sectors, the better."Maybe you should read the entire article before making comments.-Devin[/citation]

"we do not see Moscow becoming a powerhouse like the United States or Japan, or even Israel"

I read the entire article its all pessimism, they are already predicting the future, and also the whole summarizing the whole article in just one sentence is useless you just cant, you cant explain all along the article how this idea is a fail from the start then at the end just say but we are not saying it will fail thats exactly whats going on here.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]smile9999[/nom]"we do not see Moscow becoming a powerhouse like the United States or Japan, or even Israel"I read the entire article its all pessimism, they are already predicting the future, and also the whole summarizing the whole article in just one sentence is useless you just cant, you cant explain all along the article how this idea is a fail from the start then at the end just say but we are not saying it will fail thats exactly whats going on here.[/citation]

You are treating this like it has to be one extreme or the other (massive success or failure), when it probably won't be either. Russia will probably achieve it's primary goal of keep a lot of "homegrown" talent from leaving for other countries, but I don't see Moscow becoming a private tech sector superpower.
-Devin

G

[citation][nom]smile9999[/nom]why are you condemning this idea to failure from the start, honestly who expected Japan to rise after world war II or china to invade the world like this or Euro falling down like a rock, you cant predict the future its impossible give it time and will see and if there is just an ounce of dedication and patience it will come to fruition.also plz stop with the whole Israel is one of the leading in tech development, Israel never helped in the advancement of the world all it do is research in new ways to kill people its sure is the leader in that.[/citation]
Since when did China invade the world? And since when did the euro fall "like a rock?" The euro is STILL higher than the dollar, and Japan was a superpower BEFORE WWII in the first place. And if you're gonna mention Japan's "rise", then you should at least have mentioned South Korea's, a country that was screwed over by the Japanese.

G

>> Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev
This is very cool ;) I though he is a president.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Andrey-[/nom]>> Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev This is very cool I though he is a president.[/citation]

Thanks for catching the mix-up (I called Putin the President as well). Fixed!!!

CPfreak

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
i typed 'russian hackers': approximately 1.660.000 hits.
then i typed 'american hackers': approximately 14.200.000 hits.
so, i think there's something wrong with your statement on page 2 as america seems to have ten times more 'hackers' than russia with about a twice the population, thats about five times more hackers per 100 humans in russia....

CTPAHHIK

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Very far sighted idea, but not anywhere ready given current political/economic situation. Moscow (not Russia) is a nice place to visit for vacation - great food, nice atmosphere, amazing girls. That if one can afford at least one of the above there.

Country, where only guiding principle is the amount of cash one has in his pocket, where one can buy anything from a hooker to high ranking police official, where one has to give a cut to local "mafia", where laws are created after one is sent to jail and then tried by them, is only good enough for investment of a few nights out that you never tell your girlfriend about.

Additionally Eastern Europe is just as underdeveloped as Russia. They do not have gas and oil to help their economy and eager for any foreign investment. Also, are protected by EU legal umbrella.

Whole article is synonymous to one with buying iphone in the dark parking lot posted in news section. Someone will fall for it and it does not cost anything to try.

simple_inhibition

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
Z-R-252711-3.jpg

"And this is how you properly hold an iphone 4 Mr. President."

smile9999

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
[citation][nom]eugenester[/nom]Since when did China invade the world? And since when did the euro fall "like a rock?" The euro is STILL higher than the dollar, and Japan was a superpower BEFORE WWII in the first place. And if you're gonna mention Japan's "rise", then you should at least have mentioned South Korea's, a country that was screwed over by the Japanese.[/citation]
japan was not a super power before WWII they were only military no industry at all, what I mean by china invading the world is its invading it economically, all its goods are flooding the world everywhere or have you been living under a rock, also if you havent noticed any of the rescue plans for the euro and the dept on the European union from the world bank doesnt that seem like all is falling for them.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]CPfreak[/nom]i typed 'russian hackers': approximately 1.660.000 hits.then i typed 'american hackers': approximately 14.200.000 hits.so, i think there's something wrong with your statement on page 2 as america seems to have ten times more 'hackers' than russia with about a twice the population, thats about five times more hackers per 100 humans in russia....[/citation]

Read what I wrote again. I never said Russia has more hackers than America. What I did say is that Russia is in the top ten when it comes to cyber threats, and it will probably climb even higher as time goes on.

-Devin

G

HA Dmitry Medvedev runs an iPhone, Bloody good luck with your signal in Russia, well at least you have a few nukes to point at Jobs if he tells you that its the way you are holding the phone!

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Jobs: This is how you will hold the iPhone, I guarantee, you will not have a drop calls.

Medvedev: You mean that is also how I will hold the phone when I make a call?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.