Bungie Lightly Spanks Cheaters in Halo: Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]dan117[/nom]Would I get banned if I used a mouse and keyboard in multiplayer? There is an adapter for that.[/citation]
But $80 for a simple adapter is too much. Not cheating, just an unfair advantage. Then again, my video card costs almost as much as a xbox.
...My mouse and keyboard cost almost as much as a xbox... :/

How about a 72 hour ban and a reset on the first offense?
Wait, never mind, some of those people would kill someone if they had to be deprived of Reach for 3 days. Halo fanatics scare me.

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
I suppose even though it only might be a small minority that might have legit reasons they should still examine each case to its own, practical - no, Faithfull to their customers - yes. When one wields the Banhammer, one hold's great power and responsibility lol

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
F*ck you Activision and IW for selling most than anyone else ( crossplatform game ) your product and not doing jack shit about the sickly increasing way of cheating that sucked all the fun possible out of what we paid to you.

Thank you Bungie. We love you for loving us.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
In this instance I'd say "lightly spanking" is perfectly fine, since amassing credits affects gameplay in no way whatsoever. It's simply to unlock armor upgrades and different voices for your character. Treating this like modding a multiplayer match for an advantage or something similar is totally inaccurate.

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
So can one draw this comparison:

Online gaming hacks to gain advantages in points

it to

Athletes doping to increase strength, performance, and recovery

???

kaosnkorruption

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]FIX YOUR PROGRAM before its released and we wont have these problems[/citation]

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
^^^Yes 100% true. They are both sad pathetic people that need artificial means to make up for the lack of skills, dedication, honesty and moral fiber.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
[citation][nom]thillntn[/nom]Some weren't cheating, they just had a flakey dsl connection .[/citation]
No, they were cheating. A bad connection will cause the glitch once maybe twice. These people were doing it tens , if not hundreds of times. Bungie can tell the difference.

chriskrum

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
So what? Seriously. They bought the game if they want to unlock everything quickly let them. Some of us hate unlocks with a passion (along with day one dlc and all the other tricks that gimp a game for new players). In a multiplayer game everyone should have access to the same classes and load-outs. Not everyone can spend two hundred hours playing just to work their way to being evenly equipped with the jobless, emotionally stunted, relationship free, super-gamers.

decrypted

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I came across a couple people last night crying about this, all I could do was laugh. I hate cheaters, or anyone that has to use an exploit to play the game or get items. They are probably the same people that buy the manual on day one so they don't have to figure the game out for themselves. Keep droppin' the hammer Bungie!

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
[citation][nom]chriskrum[/nom]So what? Seriously. They bought the game if they want to unlock everything quickly let them. Some of us hate unlocks with a passion (along with day one dlc and all the other tricks that gimp a game for new players). In a multiplayer game everyone should have access to the same classes and load-outs. Not everyone can spend two hundred hours playing just to work their way to being evenly equipped with the jobless, emotionally stunted, relationship free, super-gamers.[/citation]
...Except all new players ARE on even ground in terms of gameplay. The changes are only aesthetic.

The entire (and only) point of credits in halo reach is to show how much time you've invested playing the game. If you can spend 15 minutes doing one glitch - that doesn't even really involve actual playing - to earn just as many credits as someone who plays for 10 hours, that's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.