Bungie Looking for Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]kriswitak[/nom]Screw Consoles.[/citation]

Blah blah blah. Where's the part of your post where you list your multi-thousand dollar rig specs to try and impress everyone?

kriswitak

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]Blah blah blah. Where's the part of your post where you list your multi-thousand dollar rig specs to try and impress everyone?[/citation]

I don't need to impress anyone. My rig is more awesome than yours is, I know that for a fact.

Dannypwnsall

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
Because Bungie only releases console games, right?
Almost all of Bungies games have been on PC.
The only ones that weren't i believe were the most recent four Halo titles.(3, reach, odst, wars)
Props to Bungie for going to the public though. Who better to test things than consumers themselves?

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]kriswitak[/nom]I don't need to impress anyone. My rig is more awesome than yours is, I know that for a fact.[/citation]

Case and point. You can put your ruler away now, I'm off to play my 360.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]dannypwnsall[/nom]Because Bungie only releases console games, right?Almost all of Bungies games have been on PC.The only ones that weren't i believe were the most recent four Halo titles.(3, reach, odst, wars)Props to Bungie for going to the public though. Who better to test things than consumers themselves?[/citation]

If your not playing starcraft or wow, you know every game your playing on your more awesome rig if a console port right.

"Mine is better than yours". Effin kiddies.

beckstrom12

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
The thing we must analyze is consoles give gaming at a good price. However with nice rigs you can soo much more than gaming. Gaming looks a lot nicer on pc's as well. I can play nintendo, N64, PS, PS2, Gamecube. all without switching any cords or anything. All on the pc. Oh I can write a paper how many Xbox's do that?

AnUnusedUsername

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
@salamander so css, d2, and ut are console ports? I guess they're old, but recently there hasn't been anything interesting enough on console (or pc, for that matter) for me to want that I haven't finished already (crysis, uncharted, resistance, dragon age, etc) although I will be playing gt5 once it comes out and civ5 once it isn't $60. I just haven't ever found a console game with any lasting value beyond a good single-player story, so I always revert to the few pc games that got it right (for the most part).
Sure most pc games now are console ports, but I'm also not interested in most games now. Some games too, (dragon age in particular) are pc games that then got ported to consoles, not the other way around.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Why hate on either. Consoles, and pc's both have there place. And if I was a stuck up nerd like some of you seem to be. Well then I'd simply just have to say you're not a true gamer unless you have them all.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]silky salamandr[/nom]If your not playing starcraft or wow, you know every game your playing on your more awesome rig if a console port right. "Mine is better than yours". Effin kiddies.[/citation]

you are stupid if you think this , for starters ther are many cross paltform games that are not just ports here is a list or games that are out now or coming in the next year, that were developed for pc and console at the same time and not just ported over,

1. Mass effect 1
2. Mass effect 2
3. Unreal Tournament 3
4. Mass effect 3
5. Left 4 dead 1
6, Left for dead 2
7. Portal 2
8. Duke Nuke em forever
9. Rage (not sure if this is even going to consoles but i think it is)
10. Fallout New vegas
11. Fable 3 ( pc version is being deved at same time as console but PC version will take longer in the bug squashing pahse than the console version will)
12. Hunted: The demon forge
13. Tomb Raider Underworld
14 CoD. Black ops
15. Dragon age
16. Dragon Age 2

Thats 16 games that are out or will be out in the next year that were not just pc ports ( ther are more just cant think of them right now)

Now a list of great games in reccent years that are pc exclusives and not WoW or starcraft

1. Mount and Blade
2. Killing Floor
3. Never winter Nights 2
4. Nuclear Dawn
5. Total war: napoleon
6. Civilization 5

now don't get me wrong i'm no fanboy of any particular plaform i play console games and pc , and if i had the money i'd get every console on the market. I acutally dislike fanboys , but i dislike peopel talking out thier a-- even more.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]qu3becker[/nom]Free game testing, geez, I'm a paid functionality game tester and that mean less job for us.[/citation]

i agree , im in school for game art design,and bungie grabbing free game testing is just another way they can cut cost namely by not havign to pay multiple testers 20k (or more) a year. sure teh gamers may love it but don't they realise theya re also being had LOL seriously they are doing somethign for free that some people get paid for ,further more they are still going to have to buy the finished game if they want it

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Activision already has Guitar Hero, World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, and Call of Duty. How much richer are they going to be before bringing about the apocalypse of gaming?

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Would really be hoping for a remake of Marathon, would be awesome for John to be the cyborg and the planet you see in the background he is heading for at the end of halo 3 to be the Marathon

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
ahh the console vs pc debate.. don't know why its on here as its to let people know baout possible beat testing of a game... btu consoles have an important purpose, gaming and media for peopel who can't afford a good gaming pc. my pc sucksbut it can run wow and other games ie mass effect and borderlands at low resolutions with low settings. but some stuff i wamma play to look bette than what MY rig cna play so i play it on my blueray player err i mean ps3 :D no its nto as good looking as on a medium computer buuild and when i can build a better rig you can bet i'll prefer pc games, but till then getting my house paid off fast is the priority over pc (though i'm squirling away money for one slowly got 500 at this point hoping for some black friday sales to make it possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.