Bungie Releases Official Halo Reach Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
textures look great but one thing boggles me:

they put up 1920x1080 photos, yet its pretty obvious to most gamers that the default resolution is less than 720p? its just upscaled because the 360 can't handle it... or so ive heard

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Graphics could be a lot better in my opinion, perhaps not on a console though, they have certainly peaked those capabilities already. Wish game developers developed for PC games, then watered them down for console pallets, rather than making a watered down game for everyone.

But I digress, graphics aren't great. But it will make bank because of the Halo name and consoles. Probably will still be fun too.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]nukem950[/nom]When does it come out on PC?[/citation]

About the same time as Halo 3. Never. PC gamers always get screwed.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]nukem950[/nom]When does it come out on PC?[/citation]

Microsoft doesn't support Games for PC, you KNOW that!

Less and less games for PC = Less reason to have a PC, much less a $400 graphics card.

G

Man, you people never cease to amaze me. You're never satisfied. No matter what the developers come up with...it's never enough. After all you guys know better. You must be experts in everything. If you aren't satisfied it must naturally follow that NO ONE will be satisfied! Gee. I wonder why the developers don't cut to the chase and just run everything past you...the source code, the marketing, the packaging and the right distribution channels. That should all be easy for you EXPERTS.

tikrjee

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
I can only hope it's not as big a let down as Halo 3 ultimately became. Here's to hoping for a longer campaign, ACTUAL HD graphics (looks like they'll deliver on that front, if they shots are actual in-game footage), and a multiplayer system that will take away some of MW2's thunder, one of last year's most overhyped mehs.
Yeah. I went there. Big whoop, wanna fight about it? Send me a private message and I'll explain why. Enough of this comment board's been wasted already.

zerghumper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Not sure why everyone is hating on the graphics. One thing that sets it apart from the 90% of other games using the Unreal Engine is its more colorful environments, although this halo looks like it will have more grays than ODST (which is to say dark and depressing).

I think people need to realize a game's graphics aren't everything. If it takes a step in the right direction like Halo 1 and 2 did with big bold open environments, then bring it on!

G

check image 21, the old dropships from the first game are back. just hope they bring something new and not just a reskinned game...

G

[citation][nom]tikrjee[/nom]I can only hope it's not as big a let down as Halo 3 ultimately became. Here's to hoping for a longer campaign, ACTUAL HD graphics (looks like they'll deliver on that front, if they shots are actual in-game footage), and a multiplayer system that will take away some of MW2's thunder, one of last year's most overhyped mehs.Yeah. I went there. Big whoop, wanna fight about it? Send me a private message and I'll explain why. Enough of this comment board's been wasted already.[/citation]

Scratching head here. Halo 3 was one of the biggest selling games of all time, and is still one of the most played games on Xbox Live. What exactly are you suggesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.