Bungie: We Don't Want to Make a 3D Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
As cool as Natal may be, I don't really see it ever being accurate enough for FPS games.

Also, I'm not sure I'd want to stand in front of my TV while holding my hands in a gun shape for long periods of time.

fooldog01

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
They said they weren't making another Halo FPS after Halo 3 was announced, then again after ODST was announced and now that Reach has been announced. I don't believe ANYTHING Bungie says.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Good, we've had enough of the Master Chief. He's good and all, but we have had enuff.[/citation]

Master Chief, you're good and all and I'm gonna let you finish, but Robocop was the best Cyborg of all time!

G

[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Good, we've had enough of the Master Chief. He's good and all, but we have had enuff.[/citation]

With all due respect, how dare you speak on behalf of true Halo fans like myself. Although I wouldn't want to see Halo forced into 3D, I'd love to see more Halo installments thank you.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]Master Chief, you're good and all and I'm gonna let you finish, but Robocop was the best Cyborg of all time![/citation]

Lol! Awesome! :D

fatfatr

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
It's pretty obvious that Project Natal is going to be only for casual games and RPGs. IMO it's going to be a failure if implemented in a shooter.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
They say Reach is the final conclusion despite the ending of Halo 3 alluding to a sequel. It was pointless including that final scene if they didn't have a sequel planned for it. Unless they copy Marathon again and create a "new" series that they say isn't related to the old series, even though hundreds of hints say they are.

I can see it now. It will have a mysterious soldier in Mjolnir armor led by an AI with a name based on Joyeuse, who will become more erratic as its motives remain unclear. And they'll have to battle a hostile alien race searching for ancient technology from a "founder" race. They'll win over a faction within the enemy aliens to ally with them.

G

To all the guys yawning at the prospect of more Halo; Wake up and look at the games industry. Final Fantasy? Call of Duty? Mario? Need for Speed? Grand Theft Auto? I could go on all day. Where there's desire for sequels, there's a profitable IP.

Grow up, get over it, and stop whinging/taking the piss. Some (a lot of) people enjoy Halo and would practically give their balls for more, myself proudly included.

Hell, at least I get some kind of genuine and satisfying AI experience from Halo games, unlike practically every Call of Duty installment which seem to rely almost entirely on set-piece AI scripts.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]To all the guys yawning at the prospect of more Halo; Wake up and look at the games industry. Final Fantasy? Call of Duty? Mario? Need for Speed? Grand Theft Auto? I could go on all day. Where there's desire for sequels, there's a profitable IP.Grow up, get over it, and stop whinging/taking the piss. Some (a lot of) people enjoy Halo and would practically give their balls for more, myself proudly included.Hell, at least I get some kind of genuine and satisfying AI experience from Halo games, unlike practically every Call of Duty installment which seem to rely almost entirely on set-piece AI scripts.[/citation]

I didn't know Halo players had balls... Or aleast if they do they haven't dropped yet. Halo was a good starter FPS. It got the kids involved. The story, gameplay and AI were quite thin though. FEAR had some good AI and a good story, it just lacked content. Halo's AI was very predictable and Call of Duty's was just as bad. At least Call of Duty: had a better story to it.

Oh and ROBOCOP FTW!!!

G

[citation][nom]datawrecker[/nom]I didn't know Halo players had balls... Or aleast if they do they haven't dropped yet. Halo was a good starter FPS. It got the kids involved. The story, gameplay and AI were quite thin though. FEAR had some good AI and a good story, it just lacked content. Halo's AI was very predictable and Call of Duty's was just as bad. At least Call of Duty: had a better story to it.Oh and ROBOCOP FTW!!![/citation]

As an AI programmer in the industry, I disagree. Damian Isla and his team did a spectacular job and their work is recognized as being one of the best examples of dynamic, emergent AI to date. I agree that Call of Duty was very predictable (mostly because it's almost entirely scripted into the level design) - not necessarily a bad thing though.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]datawrecker[/nom]I didn't know Halo players had balls... Or aleast if they do they haven't dropped yet. Halo was a good starter FPS. It got the kids involved. The story, gameplay and AI were quite thin though. FEAR had some good AI and a good story, it just lacked content. Halo's AI was very predictable and Call of Duty's was just as bad. At least Call of Duty: had a better story to it.Oh and ROBOCOP FTW!!![/citation]

The fact that you say the Halo story is thin just goes to show how little you've really looked into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.