Burglar Caught After Robbing Steve Jobs' Palo Alto Home

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
I'm fairly sure Mr. Job's home is either a 6' (ish) box or an urn. It would be the Jobs family or estate's home.

And nobody even went with "he broke into and robbed hell?" type of comment.

Does this make him a iThief?

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Out of all the stuff stolen, I bet his wife would most like to get the wallet, drivers license, and the dollar back, for sentimental reasons. Of course the article didn't mention recovering any of those things.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jcesmi[/nom]The dude is dead. Sell this pointless stuff and donate to cancer research....[/citation]

So he had to be dead before donating a dime to anything unlike many other billionaires!

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]bluekoala[/nom]Bail at 500 000$?Why is it so much worst to steal from the rich than it is to steal from the poor?[/citation]

Because the poor can't afford to have their home ransacked and rebuild it while the rich need to make a phone call to get it all fixed - That's why. "Justice" at its finest!

threefish

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
The headline uses the word "robbing". Robbery involves the threat of force or violence against a person. Because the house was empty, the word theft is more appropriate.

mleejr

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
20/20 did a special ALLOWING iPads and iPhones to be stolen, then contacted Apple to ask them for help tracking them down. Denied. Not even close. Why? Because they make so much money KNOWINGLY on people who have their Apple products stolen buying new/replacement Apple products! So for all you hippie, Apple fanboys, they are a CORPORATION who could care LESS about your pot-smoking hippie ass. They know you are an idiot and will just go out and find another one.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]mleejr[/nom]20/20 did a special ALLOWING iPads and iPhones to be stolen, then contacted Apple to ask them for help tracking them down. Denied. Not even close. Why? Because they make so much money KNOWINGLY on people who have their Apple products stolen buying new/replacement Apple products! So for all you hippie, Apple fanboys, they are a CORPORATION who could care LESS about your pot-smoking hippie ass. They know you are an idiot and will just go out and find another one.[/citation]

Judging by the sentence structure and grammar of your post, I'm afraid that you need to quit smoking that pot yourself...

baconeater

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]But the Apple is not. We should fix that.[/citation]

I don't know if you are an american, but I am! And Apple creates many jobs, and the app ecosystem creates jobs. Why wouldn't you want an american company to create jobs? Do you want apple not to exist and have Samsung (overseas) or some other company dominate? Hate apple all you want but their benefits to the economy outweigh any silly bias.
I don't even own any apple products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS