Busted: Alleged Lizard Squad Hacker Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Damn, I was hoping Tue first one to get picked up would be Kivimäki. Arrogant little prick needs to learn $20m+ USD worth of vandalisim is a multinational level crime.

G

Hackers attacking game networks?.... It's like shooting your friend in the face.... If you have the skills, there are better targets to combat social injustice. If they're using this to sell their services, seems that Lizard Squad aren't doing anything for the greater good, just the greater profit.... Gamers aren't the enemy in a world so full of corruption. *sad face* +0.5 to Lutfij, nearly a funny ;)

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
A shame that such an outstanding and intelligent person got arrested, or perhaps he wasn't that intelligent as he didn't manage to escape arrest.

I hope some other person manages to hack the "Playstation network" up for good this time. Look fellas, there is fresh air outside and there are plenty of other things to do than to spend time with brainwashing TV games. Hope this abomination of a network will burn in H*ll.

SirTrollsALot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Good for these Punks, Im sure they will be rewarded with some slap on the hands and offers for new jobs soon... Fak them! But hey they are the punk rockers or artists of yesteryear...

I bought my niece and nephew a kite and gave them $60 and told them to go outside! But they were crying about not being able to play their Xbox... I LOL'd and continued to drink some fine wine, beer, whiskey, got drunk... Then once the network was up I kicked them off their Xbox and played some Killer Instinct, I sucked not used to those vibrating masturbating hand helds. but I had fun being the drunk uncle...

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
Serves them right for acting like they're undoxable. They're full of flaws, but arrogance was chief among them. Nab one and soon enough you'll have the rest.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Damn, I was hoping Tue first one to get picked up would be Kivimäki. Arrogant little prick needs to learn $20m+ USD worth of vandalism is a multinational level crime.
Then a bunch of Wall Street tycoons should have been put in prison, because they did MUCH worse damage to the economy in acts of financial vandalism.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Serves them right for acting like they're undoxable. They're full of flaws, but arrogance was chief among them. Nab one and soon enough you'll have the rest.
Only if they knew each other IRL and were not just anonymous names on the internet through TOR browsers or something similar.
Honestly.... I'm wondering how they caught this guy. Use TOR with 7 nodes (yes, you can set it up to do that) and it is near impossible to catch people doing anything according to various police tech experts I have talked with.
Only way I see him getting caught is if he had been stupid enough to hack from his own bought home connection.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
“They took everything... Xbox One, phones, laptops, computer USBs, etc.," Omari said

BOODY HOO!!! You are not garnering any sympathy here...
Why not? He has not been found guilty of being a member of Lizard Squad yet. Taking the XBox 360 and other game consoles seems like a fishing expedition.

Wast Ed

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
Morons,go hack the pedos networks instead,or why not the a-holes that sells multiplayer hacks online..

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
Only if they knew each other IRL and were not just anonymous names on the internet through TOR browsers or something similar.
I highly doubt they are a team of complete strangers who know absolutely nothing about each other and have had no contact outside of business. How did they meet? What things did they discuss? That's a big part of why they nabbed all his gear. Even if they can't get anything from him directly... They're going to comb through it for whatever information they can gleam that will lead them to the next lead, even if it has them going from server to server looking for digital crumbs, until they nab the next guy.

But if you think some anonymous guy reached out to other random anonymous guys with requests for assistance DDoSing targets, I've got a bridge for sale. In that case I'm not sure why they felt the need to make their group known (including handles and possibly much more depending on the facts) and stomp around online claiming credit for their adventures. Not to mention the possibility of selling their tool for profit. Hardly anonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.