Buy a gaming Laptop now or wait for Vega/Volta

Ezra_6

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Yesterday my laptop died while playing intensive games with it. A GT70 dominator pro with a gtx 880m. All of the sudden I unintentionally read a news about AMD Vega and Nvidia Volta, some say they will be launching on Q3. And I was wondering, Should I buy a pascal gaming Laptop now or wait for Vega featuring HBM2 or wait for Volta featuring GDDR6. My thoughts are craving for some Triple A games right now so should I buy a pascal gaming laptop now even it's on it's brinch of Extinction right now because volta and vega is just around the corner. So I'll accept every advice that I will get here.

Solution
Are you in need of a laptop for personal use?

I would get a desktop if gaming is the priority and a laptop isnt necessary for other aspects of your life.

If you cant live without a laptop, and must have it for daily use, then the answer is clear; get one now.

If you can wait, then wait for the new tech to release before making a decision.

Patience is a virtue.

Cheers!

FlintIronStagg

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Are you in need of a laptop for personal use?

I would get a desktop if gaming is the priority and a laptop isnt necessary for other aspects of your life.

If you cant live without a laptop, and must have it for daily use, then the answer is clear; get one now.

If you can wait, then wait for the new tech to release before making a decision.

Patience is a virtue.

Cheers!

Solution