Buy Galaxy S4 or wait for S800/Nvidia Tegra 4 based phones?

electricfirebolt

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hi, I'm at the point where its time to get myself a new android phone and I am at the decision of whether to go and buy the Galaxy S4 or wait until an S800 Qualcomm based Phone comes out or a Nvidia Tegra 4 based phone comes out. What do you think is the best to do?, also any ideas on the release dates of any phones features S800 or Tegra 4?

Thanks.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Are there any decent Tegra4 smartphones coming out ? Apart from some chinese smartphone maker (ZTE or Huawei ) , no other company is making a T4 based smartphone. HP is bringing a Tablet, but HP doesnt has had much success with the mobility market. The T4 is supposed to be hot and power sucking. Buying a T4 smartphone should be in your low priority list.

Depending on your country, you can get a Exynos Octa SGS4 . But wait atleast for AnandTech to do its review. The one that came out some time back was for the S600 version. Plus, Galaxy Note 3 is supposd to have the Octa exynos by default, IIRC.

S800 , well some phones have been rumoured or announced to have this chip, but the release dates are in mid-late Q3, IIRC.

Really, you cant do much wrong with a SGS4 or a HTC One. They are the best options right now. And to be frank, in the smartphone market, whatever you buy will be replaced by a faster verion in 6 months :) I wouldnt recommend playing the waiting game here.

Hope this gives you some perspective. :)

spentshells

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006

If you pick one up and use it for a while you will see why.

redeemer

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

Battery life on the S4 is on par with every other smartphone, the Note has a much bigger battery than the S4 @3100mah. Note 2 also has touch pen capabilities and less gimmicky nonsense. I actually prefer the HTC One over the S4 and so do the 90% of review out there!