Buying a gaming laptop for 1500$ CAN

marwick

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
Hello, the motherboard of my ''old'' laptop (1 year old..) is finished, so i'm looking to buy another one. I live in Canada and I have a budget of around 1500$ (its pretty much my max)

i looked at the Asus g-series they looked nice but i want to know what's the best i can get. so there goes...

1. What is your budget?
1500$ CAN

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Probably 17, though i could go with 15.
i was wondering, do bigger screens require better gpu or cpu?

3. What screen resolution do you want?
what's the norms? 1820x920?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
it's replacing my laptop but if it hadn't crash i would be building a gaming pc lol

5. How much battery life do you need?
Though a good battery is nice, i always game while i can connect my laptop so i don't especially need a better battery

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes it will be it's primary use

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Browse web a lot and viewing hd videos (youtube and netflix).

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb to 1tb should be good

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
i don't mind

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I don't really know how long it's supposed to last, longer than my last one at least!

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I need a DVD ROM, i'll take a blu ray if it's worth it

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I dont have any preferences.

13. What country do you live in?
Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
can't think of anything else but please ask i'll answer!

Thanks!